What are Manifold bounties?
From time to time, a member of our community goes above and beyond in helping Manifold make prediction markets accessible & ubiquitous. We’d like to recognize such contributions publicly, and include a token of our appreciation in the form of M$!
Examples of community work that may be eligible for a bounty:
- Blog posts, markets, or comments which lead us to significantly change our views
- A track record of creating markets that help people make better decisions
- Promoting Manifold & forecasting to a wider audience
- Identifying serious exploits with our financial infrastructure
Our community is the beating heart of Manifold; your individual contributions are what make this platform valuable at all. Thanks to everyone listed here (as well as countless unnamed others) for your help & support!
👾 Awarded on 2022-11-16
- For building out live stock exchanges for the Destiny.gg community: https://www.dgg.exchange/, https://dggexchange.miaz.xyz/
💥 Awarded on 2022-10-31
Matt Kempster: M$5,000
- For alerting the Manifold team to a way users' emails were being publicly exposed.
💥 Awarded on 2022-10-07
- For discovering an infinite mana exploit using limit orders, and informing the Manifold team of it privately.
- For discovering an AMM liquidity exploit and informing the Manifold team of it privately.
🎈 Awarded on 2022-06-14
- For creating an awesome stats page which features and analyses various data sets! This can be found on the second tab of our analytics page.
- For adding a bunch of charities to Manifold for Good, working out market math with Austin, and excellent comment activity.
- For a variety of open source code contributions, making our code base easier to use and maintain.
- For responsible disclosure of an exploit involving liquidity withdrawal, which has now been fixed! Removing one infinite money glitch at a time.
- For responsible disclosure of a potential exploit. We would say what it is, but it isn’t quite fixed yet! 🤫
🌿 Announced on 2022-05-02
Marshall Polaris: M$200K
- For spearheading the effort to open-source Manifold, by documenting our processes, triaging bugs, and improving the new contributor experience.
- Marshall contributed over 2 weeks of part-time volunteer work; as such, we are awarding an amount that reflects the extraordinary amount of effort he’s put in.
Vincent Luczkow: M$10,000
- For building and releasing https://github.com/vluzko/manifold-markets-python, a super cool Python visualization of the calibration accuracy of all Manifold markets. Turns out we’re doing okay!
Akhil Wable: M$10,000
- For writing up Akhil’s Product Suggestions, an extensive, thoughtful list of improvements we could make to our platform.
Alex K. Chen: M$6,000
- For the creation of a metric ton of innovative, long term questions. At the time of award, Alex was singlehandedly responsible for 20% of all markets posted in April.
- For testing out futarchy on an important problem for the community of The Motte.
- For the creation of a focused set of questions on UK politics, with relevant real-world predictions.
- For the idea and execution of using FR bounded buckets for mapping out a scalar range (example market, discussion here).
- For calling out numerous areas of improvement, e.g. around our profit numbers being wonky, and problems with the DPM ⇒ CFMM market conversions.
- For recommending we list the Long-Term Future Fund as a supported charity.
N.C. Young: M$500
For recommending we list the Givewell Maximum Impact Fund as a supported charity.
*🥧 Awarded 2022-03-14*
Kevin Zielnicki: M$10,000
- For identifying issues with our Dynamic Parimutuel Market Maker in an excellent blog post (and associated market), leading us to change to a different mechanism.
- For developing the function used in our Constant Function Market Maker, making it easier for us to provision liquidity compared to a CPMM.
- For concrete suggestions around improving our market maker algorithms, and creating useful graphs to make our different market makers more legible.
Scott Alexander: M$5,000
- For developing and publicizing the idea of providing interest-free loans on each market, helping make long-term markets more accurate.
David Glidden: M$5,000
- For taking on the mantle of @MetaculusBot, which allows traders access to a wider spread of topics, and permits head-to-head comparisons between our prediction markets and other forecasting platforms.
Isaac King: M$5,000
- For compiling an FAQ that answers a variety of questions that new users commonly face, and also inspiring us to move to this open-source docs platform.
- For calling out our mistake in retroactively publicizing the market creator’s trades, leading us to revert this feature entirely.
⛑️ Awarded 2022-01-09
Duncan: USD $50
- For identifying and confidentially reporting an exploit where entering negative numbers into the trade box would allow the trade to go through.
- Note: this was denominated in USD, as it predated the creation of our bounty program.
If a particular contribution isn't listed here, that doesn't mean we didn't really appreciate it. There’s so much great work by our community; we aren't always able to catch them all!
If you feel that someone's exceptional contribution has fallen through the cracks (including your own!), please consider creating a market for “Will <X> be recognized for a Manifold bounty?” and posting it on our Discord. Thanks!